Friday, October 2, 2009

Affinity diagram

This post may not look like the first post but essentially I thought of starting my work and not delay my entry to the world of blogging any further. Firstly I have to say I love my team. My team for HCI methods taught by Dr Shaowen Bardzell constitutes Xiying, Robert and Matt. Today was a rather odd day in our team. Our meeting started at around noon time and we thought our team which has been so wonderful so far would wind up and emerge with another A ( I know marty says grades are not important but still A is A :)). However we struggled as a group for the first time. Sometimes we look at the data and say it was the data which was too obscure and broad for us. Essentially the classification is becoming a problem for the group. We are getting too deep in psychology to understand what the user is doing with regard to our contextual enquiry and ethnographic observation. I will post a blog about both the ethnographic and contextual enquiry later but essentially we have to see how to use this affinity diagram to narrow the scope of our work. The team was very excited this week to have a good grade for the focus group but affinity diagram is testing the patience of our group. Well there is a meeting tomorrow at 9 in the morning. Lets see if we get something meaningful out of this work. In the mean time please read Marty's blog if possible. I will upload some pictures would be uploaded tomorrow and more details about the project and some previous work which followed this project will continue. 

No comments:

Post a Comment