Tuesday, November 2, 2010

8pen - New Android keyboard application

Downloaded the first paid application on Android market today - 8pen. I found the concept of re-inventing the keyboard on a mobile device quite interesting considering that's one thing that frustrates me about HTC incredible. My concern as a user is about the learning curve. From this video the learning curve would be a issue, some comments while downloading the app were also concerning learning curve. Interesting thing would be to observe how the user experience would be clashing with this form of innovation. Aspect of user experience in question how the user react to the learning curve associated with innovation. My friend Ray Matsil posted this link on his facebook since he uses facebook as a form of sharing innovative things online. Price for innovation = 1.58$. :)

3 comments:

  1. I do have a few blogs, maybe I should use them haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. The question also is, did you take the time to learn how to use it, and if you did, what do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree. I think I tried using it last night but the set up page sort of scared me as it gave me an impression that it will take over my phone controls and I may find it hard for some days to carry on work with my phone. I don't think I was ready to invest that time right now, I am planning to do that over the weekend though. The video you had posted made me buy the app but the learning curve of the app was always a concern for me. Next post would be about the review for the app. Thanks for visiting.

    ReplyDelete